ABC 1.5-metre protocol
Version: 29 September 2020
We are applying specific rules at ABC Velp so that everyone can have brunch and/or dinner safely and at a distance of 1.5 meters. These rules are based on the current situation and in accordance with the regulations set out by the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) that came into effect on 1 June. They can be seen on notices at the entrance and all the restaurants. This page will be updated if there are any amendments.
- To be sure of a table in our restaurant, make a reservation beforehand on our website or by telephone at 088-3631102.
- Upon arrival and before entering our restaurant, one person fills in the guest form on behalf of all the company. Hand in the completed guest form at the reception.
- If there are any health risks (cold and/or flu symptoms), you may be refused admission.
- Groups of five or more people will be asked if they are members of the same household because of the table rules.
- If there are no health risks, an ABC staff member will inform you of the measures taken and aids available and lead you to your table.
- Disinfecting the point-of-sale terminal after use.
- Upon entry, disinfect your hands at the dispenser.
Rules for guests
- Stay at home if you have a cold and/or flu symptoms.
- Maintain 1.5 metres distance between yourself, other guests and ABC staff members.
- Wash and/or disinfect your hands thoroughly at the disinfectant dispenser and/or in the toilet areas.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Use paper tissues to blow your nose.
- Do not shake hands with anyone.
- Always follow the instructions given by ABC staff members.
- Follow the routes laid out and the floor markings.
- Before dishing your food, disinfect your hands.
- Please place your dirty dishes on the dirty dishes table in your space so that ABC staff can take it away.
- Where possible, pay contactless or with a pin code by card.
- If you do not maintain ABC's 1.5-metre protocol, you may be asked to leave the restaurant.
Rules per table
- 1 household greater than 4 people may sit together at one table.
- No more than 4 people from different households may sit together at one table.
- Staff members may come closer than 1.5 metres to the table where guests are sitting to provide information or to remove used dishes, cups and cutlery, etc.
Aids and protective equipment
- Safety screens (Plexiglass) at various places.
- The number of guests per buffet is limited, and indicated with floor stickers.
- In every separate space there are tables on which you can put your dishes when you are finished with them.
- Floor stickers to show the direction to walk and where to wait.
- Our employees, waiters and waitresses, hostesses, dishwashers and the kitchen staff wear gloves and masks.
- Various tables and chairs outside of the spaces have been removed so that the routes guests have to walk along are extra wide.
- Signs with rules at various places in the restaurant.
- Extra hand disinfection points.
Hygiene and maintaining the protocol
- Tables, chairs, knobs and buttons, crockery, kitchen utensils, machines, buffet tables, toilets, card readers and work surfaces are cleaned frequently.
- Staff members wear gloves which they change regularly.
- Staff members wash their hands frequently in accordance with the rules set out by the RIVM.
- Some staff members have been given the task of ensuring that the 1.5-metre protocol is maintained, and they will be actively checking that it is.